Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Taking the bunch to Manhattan.


It was SO nice having Mark to help me carry "Big Pink" (my stroller) down the subway stairs. We made the trip to have our photo taken by a fabulous volunteer photographer at P's oncologist's office. An organization called "Flashes of Hope" arranges the photo shoot and provides hair and makeup volunteers to help the participants look their best. All the kids felt special and P felt like a STAR. The photos will commemorate the end of our leukemia journey as a family. It has been over 3 years...P has gone from being a toddler to a kindergartner...and he has no idea how different his life has been from most childrens'.

All chemotherapy will end in approximately one month. He is a bit nervous about having his mediport removed and wants to keep it forever.

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Wow, I can only imagine the amount of patience and organisation needed to walk around Manhattan with four kids! Looking forward to seeing how the photo turns out, I bet it'll be gorgeous.

Sue said...

Your a dork your blog is great post more and take tons of pics I love to see the kids !!

I teared up hearing about P wanting to keep his port I am glad his journey is almost over.