Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkin-O-Rama


We had a pumpkin carving party today. I don't have alot of confidence in my party-giving skills. I know that it always turns out fine and the kids always have an awesome time...but parties do not come easily to me. I worry about all sorts of silly details and stress about things that are out of my control. I decided to bite the bullet though and I'm SO glad that I did. The kids really wanted a Halloween party and this was like a pre-Halloween party. The weather was gorgeous...cool and sunny so we did the carving in the backyard. We invited neighbors and their children only...no school freinds. Almost everyone we invited came and we had 18 kids (including our own) and a bunch of adults. Everyone brought their own pumpkins and most gave carving a try. We had tons of treats and cupcakes. We even roasted the pumpkin seeds....as per the instructions that P had brought home from his botanical garden class. We made cinnamon pumpkin seeds and salted ones. I think the salted ones were the most popular. A fun time was had by all and it is nice to get to know our neighbors. The effort was well worth it. I know I'll be nervous again though...when it is time for another party.

3 comments:

MemaSteffi said...

I love how all the pumpkin carvers had their unique designs. So cool that you roasted the pumpkin seeds. Delicious, nutritious and a new treat to enjoy.

mdicus99 said...

The party was great, I would have just had some cold beer and some pretzels. You always go the extra mile and it is appreciated.

Vickie said...

Sounds like a great idea for a party!