Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My City Kids Can Walk


Chuck E. Cheese was, as I expected, CRRAAAAZY! The kids had a great time though and I won't have to go for another 4-6 months. We took the subway to downtown Brooklyn but I warned them we were walking to the pediatrician for the flu shots. The pediatrician isn't that far and when we were done with that...it was such a beautiful day that I thought we'd just walk home through Prospect Park. The walk was definitely the best part of the day in my opinion. It was a bit cool but sunny, the trees are still beautiful but the leaves are falling fast. The boys did not complain about walking a single time and the girls were in the stroller. I looked it up on Yahoo maps and it is 2.6 miles from downtown Brooklyn back to our house! I'm pretty proud of them. That is pretty far for a 7-year old and 5-year old to walk. I love walking! I think walking instead of driving is my favorite part of living in the city.

2 comments:

Holly Anderson said...

Good for you! You should wear a pedometer for some concrete bragging rights!

Christy said...

That is quite an accomplishment! My girls would be whining within 20 feet.