Thursday, November 20, 2008

Escape from New York


My very good friend and I went on a wonderful trip for all of last weekend. We left on Thursday afternoon and arrived back on Sunday evening. Three whole days without kids! It was really a GREAT time. It wasn't a super relaxing trip. It was more of a run around and do all kinds of fun stuff kind of trip. We ate wonderful food (including one decadent chocolate dessert!), enjoyed shows and rides, saw amazing sights (and Soap Stars) and spent alot of time talking about our kids, husbands, and our day-to-day joys and frustrations. We each have four kids so we do have alot in common but she is a suburban Mom and I always love to hear how things are different for her family.

It was unbelievably freeing to just think about myself for DAYS. Although I really did think about the kids and Mark alot. The kids loved having Grandpa visiting for the weekend and while Mark didn't NEED help...I'm glad that he did have an extra set of hands. M did just fine without me and just ate more food. She would not drink the milk that I had painstakingly pumped for her.

It has taken me a few days to do this post because it has been so busy since I got back...laundry, cleaning, another couple of medical appointments, parent/teacher conferences. I already need another break. I can't wait for Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Christy said...

I am thrilled to hear you had such a good time!